What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Southern California RV-14 Builders?

StressedOut

Well Known Member
I'm interested in talking/swapping lies/networking with any locals nearby (LA/SFV/Orange County area) who are currently building a -14. Other RV models OK too. :D

Anyone out there?

In two weeks I travel to Synergy Air in Eugene to start on the empennage and tail cone of a 14-a. Your nervousness is shared. Two days at sportair workshops was invaluable; If I knew 100x that much I'd feel better yet. I enjoyed the logbook photos of your first 99 hours of building. Keep it up, please. This site and its members are sustaining my faith. I'm at Flabob Airport in Riverside, CA.
Andrew Alexander

Hi Art,

I am building a 14A in Walnut. Currently working on the tail cone. Nice to know I am not the only crazy one in Southern Cal:D. Anyone want to meet up to check on each others progress. PM me.

James

In two weeks I travel to Synergy Air in Eugene to start on the empennage and tail cone of a 14-a. Your nervousness is shared. Two days at sportair workshops was invaluable; If I knew 100x that much I'd feel better yet. I enjoyed the logbook photos of your first 99 hours of building. Keep it up, please. This site and its members are sustaining my faith. I'm at Flabob Airport in Riverside, CA.
Andrew Alexander

Andrew, it will take you about 30 minutes in to the pre req class on Saturday for you to realize just how inadequate the sport air clinic was. By Monday night at one of the local micro brews in Eugene, you?ll ask yourself why you didn?t just do this in the first place. The only good thing I got out of two days at Sport Air was a little knowledge on tools and some familiarity with terminology, most of which could have been gained on this site and watching Clevelands videos on YouTube. That was about it. Synergy is an incredible experience. There are some really great people there. I really wanted to build the whole airplane with their assistance, but circumstances presented that allowed me to bring the kit home.

Enjoy Eugene, hopefully it doesn?t rain everyday. . .

I am not really in the LA Basin, KVIS actually. But I am down there every week, so if anyone needs a hand give me a shout, and I?ll see if I can work something out.

Building in Thousand Oaks. Plane will be at KCMA when finished. Finishing up wings and will begin doing the fiberglass work on the canopy soon.

Building in Thousand Oaks. Plane will be at KCMA when finished. Finishing up wings and will begin doing the fiberglass work on the canopy soon.

ab84doh

PM sent. My building buddy lives in Thousand Oaks and we'd love to see your plane.

Just starting

My empennage kit is scheduled for delivery tomorrow 4/19. I will be building in my garage in Santa Clarita. Standard build 14A. Looking forward to making contact with other builders in the area. I did not go to any builder classes but I did lots of sheet metal work many years ago maintaining skydiving aircraft (they took lots of abuse) and I also spent 2000+ hours volunteering on the restoration Planes of Fame Northrop N9MB Flying wing.

Brian

Back