What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Designs Customer Pictures

Luke D

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I thought I would start a thread with some of the recent pictures customers have sent us of their completed airplanes. We have been putting these on our company Facebook page for quite a while, and they have been very popular. This way VAF readers who don't do Facebook can see them too.

We put many hours of effort into each order that goes out our door, so it's also very nice for us to see the finished product in the completed airplane. We hope you like them.

PS: We sent each of these customers a gift certificate from Aircraft Spruce as a thank you for taking the time to get back to us with some nice quality pictures. If you have pictures of our products in your plane, we'd really appreciate pictures from you too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yvar Vonlanthen RV-7

More Details »

1751-lrg.jpg

1752-lrg.jpg

1753-lrg.jpg

1829-lrg.jpg

More Details »

Last edited:
Conosole Covering

Luke,

Did you guys cover the console in the first picture? I am doing the same console in an RV-7. I would also like to cover it in leather. Thanks.

Luke,

Did you guys cover the console in the first picture? I am doing the same console in an RV-7. I would also like to cover it in leather. Thanks.

Hi Kyle,

We didn't do that one, but if you want to give me a call, we can discuss several options for this type of console, and some of the issues with these.

Best regards,

change title

suggest you change the title of your thread to Classic Aero (from CAD). I think you will get to your target audience better. CAD sound like engineering not interiors

suggest you change the title of your thread to Classic Aero (from CAD). I think you will get to your target audience better. CAD sound like engineering not interiors

Thanks for the tip Carol. I changed it.:)

Edit: I guess I just changed the title of the first post... Fixed - Thanks Mike!

Last edited:
Your interiors are beautiful. We see a number of them in Vic's shop and the quality and attention to detail are obvious.

Bill, great to hear you are happy with your interior! Thanks for commenting.

Michael, great pictures! Thank you for posting. I'll get in touch with you... :)

Here are a few pictures of Brad Smith's RV-7A that we put on Facebook today. Thanks Brad!

More Details »

1849-lrg.jpg

1850-lrg.jpg

1851-lrg.jpg

1852-lrg.jpg

1878-lrg.jpg

More Details »

Last edited:
Hey Luke - Any updates on the RV10?
I love the photo gallery here. You guys do great work.

Hi Tim, thanks for your comments, and your question. That picture from our FAQ section is pretty old. I guess the answer for that FAQ should probably be updated with more specific info.

To answer your question, RV-10 products are not in our plans for now. It's not that we have anything against the RV-10 or it's builders though :) In a nutshell, other products (for the RV-14 at the moment) are taking priority, and other suppliers already have well established products (fewer sales for us to support the cost of developing new products). There are quite a few products I wish we could make for RV builders because they would be fun to do, but at the end of the day each product needs to return a profit for us to keep a business going :eek:.

We've done our best when talking to customers over the last 8 years or so since that RV-10 project was considered to make it clear that we didn't have plans to offer RV-10 products, but I can see that the FAQ answer doesn't give a very accurate picture of our actual intentions. I'm sorry if it gave you the wrong impression. I'll get it updated. Thanks again for bringing this up. If you haven't already, check with Jeff over at Aerosport.

Best regards,

Last edited:
These are a lot of really nice interiors. For me it would be really helpful if the colors were noted. I think I have mine figured out, but seeing these full interior shots adds so much more.

These are a lot of really nice interiors. For me it would be really helpful if the colors were noted. I think I have mine figured out, but seeing these full interior shots adds so much more.

Hi Ray,

There is a link on each post ("More Details ?") that will take you to a page for that plane on our website. The materials are listed under "Interior Details" along with a bunch of other info.

I see that the links were not that visible because they were at the end of each batch of pictures. I went back and added a link at the top of each set of pictures to make it easier to find. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help.

I love mine! Expensive but you get what you pay for! The guy's at Classic Aero have gone above and beyond to keep me happy! :p

2q9c405.jpg

I love mine! Expensive but you get what you pay for! The guy's at Classic Aero have gone above and beyond to keep me happy! :p

Thanks Mike. Your plane looks great. I see you've got the cool new canopy tracks too. Nice!

Nigel Speedy - RV-8

Here are some new customer pictures. These are our first customer installed RV-8 Aviator II seats made for Nigel Speedy in California. Thanks Nigel! It was great working with you. Please click the link below for more information about Nigel's RV-8.

More Details ?

1914-lrg.jpg

1918-lrg.jpg

1920-lrg.jpg

1917-lrg.jpg

1916-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

Original

I have the original seats with lumbar. I love the headrests but can't imagine them with out the rails from flyboys. I could never go back to before having the flyboy rails. They make the baggage area so much more accessible.

And i bet they would make the headrests work so much better. Classic Aero interiors are awesome!

Last edited:
Here's the latest addition to our customer gallery. It's from Bernd Goretzki in Germany. It includes Sportsman II side panels, and Sportsman seats. You can read more info and comments at the link below. Thanks Bernd!

Bernd Goretzki RV-7

More Details ?

1992-lrg.jpg

1993-lrg.jpg

1995-lrg.jpg

1996-lrg.jpg

1990-lrg.jpg

1991-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

We've added a new RV-7 to our customer gallery. This one is from Frank Owens in Canada. Aviator seats, headrest option, Sportsman II side panels, carpet, etc. One different twist is that frank wanted sheep skin for the pleated areas of the seats. His plane looks great. Thanks Frank!

Frank Owens RV-7

More Details »

2006-lrg.jpg

2004-lrg.jpg

2002-lrg.jpg

2005-lrg.jpg

2007-lrg.jpg

More Details »

Last edited:
The latest addition to our customer gallery comes from Hermann Schiele in Germany. I really like the warbird inspired scheme with invasion stripes. Thanks Hermann!

Hermann Schiele RV-8

More Details ?

2014-lrg.jpg

2016-lrg.jpg

2019-lrg.jpg

2018-lrg.jpg

2020-lrg.jpg

2015-lrg.jpg

2017-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

why you have no offerings for the 10? These are gorgeous.

Just wistful...

Hi Bill, thanks for the compliment. Nothing against you guys with 10s ;) The short answer is that the way we develop our products can be costly (especially for a more complex aircraft like the 10), and we have to have a reasonable confidence that we will recover those costs and hopefully even make a profit.

For various reasons, the timing just has not worked out for us with the 10. Here is a quick summary from our FAQs:

Do you offer interior items for the RV-10?

Here is a beautiful RV-7 we just added to our customer gallery. This one is from Trevor C. in Aurora, OR just up the road. The overall paint scheme and interior color combination is perfect. Nice job Trevor, and thanks for sending us pictures.

Trevor Conroy RV-7

More Details ?

2029-lrg.jpg

2023-lrg.jpg

2024-lrg.jpg

2025-lrg.jpg

2028-lrg.jpg

2026-lrg.jpg

2030-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

These great looking RV-7 pictures were sent in by Kelley Clark. Really nice paint job, AFS/Garmin panel, and Classic Aero interior. Thanks Kelley! You can see more info at the link below:

Kelley Clark RV-7

More Details ?

2031-lrg.jpg

2034-lrg.jpg

2035-lrg.jpg

2033-lrg.jpg

2032-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

Here are the latest pictures we've added to our customer gallery. It's Steve Hurlbut's latest RV, and this one is a 6. Thanks again Steve! You can see more info at the link below:

Steve Hurlbut RV-6

More Details ?

2067-lrg.jpg

2068-lrg.jpg

2069-lrg.jpg

2072-lrg.jpg

2073-lrg.jpg

2071-lrg.jpg

More Details ?

Luke

On the Aviators ....that come with the seat frame made internally. Can you explain how the upper seat adjustment flap is attached and by whom? I have seen some with (thanks) and some without...
I have used your nice site and seen the pics of the fame and have to assume it is up to me to find the crossbar through the fabric and pop rivet a piano hinge to the seat and attach my adjustment flap. But not sure.

Also, does anybody have the link or info about the plastic director piece seen on the Tip-up...that funnels the latch assemble down into the correct location as it closes? As seen on Trevor Conroy RV-7 in Post 141 above. Pretty sure I saw a thread about it, but can't seem to find the right search criteria to locate it.
Thanks

On the Aviators ....that come with the seat frame made internally. Can you explain how the upper seat adjustment flap is attached and by whom? I have seen some with (thanks) and some without...
I have used your nice site and seen the pics of the fame and have to assume it is up to me to find the crossbar through the fabric and pop rivet a piano hinge to the seat and attach my adjustment flap. But not sure.

Also, does anybody have the link or info about the plastic director piece seen on the Tip-up...that funnels the latch assemble down into the correct location as it closes? As seen on Trevor Conroy RV-7 in Post 141 above. Pretty sure I saw a thread about it, but can't seem to find the right search criteria to locate it.
Thanks

Hi Bob,

Let's see if I can explain this properly. Because the Aviator seats are covered with upholstery, they need something to protect the upholstery when it rests against the cross member. For this we have a piece of black kydex (A very durable plastic) guard to protect this area.

The guard is cut out on a CNC router and includes screw holes. We counter sink the screw holes to accept black flush machine screws. These screws mount into threaded inserts already installed in the frame inside the cover.

Now to answer your question :). Some customer prefer to just rest the seat against the cross member. For those who want the adjuster flap like the stock seats, we provide an adjuster flap (these are included with all Aviator seats) that is almost identical to the stock adjuster. The only difference is that it is slightly narrower because the location where it attaches is slightly narrower because of the rounded corners of our backrest.

The adjuster comes with the hinge already riveted to it, and holes pre-drilled. To install the adjuster, you remove the screws holding the black plastic guard. Then re-install the guard with the adjuster hinge between the guard and the seat back. The hinge loop or eye "sits" on top of the guard, pointing to the rear. Hopefully that explanation is somewhat understandable.

Back