What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alnwick Castle?

longranger

Well Known Member
My wife and I are visiting the UK from Michigan, and were at Alnwick Castle this afternoon (Saturday, May 12). We saw an RV(-6 or -7 I think) fly over at least twice. Anyone on here flying in that area today?

Not me, around 150 miles south of that - a beautiful part of the country, one of our favourites. We normally stay at Lord Crewe Arms in Blanchland south of Hexham - old monastery and we can take the dogs.

If you are still around this week, email me quick and we can arrange a fly or stay, we are an RV Hotel ;-)

mike at graffika dot biz

Thank you Mike. We’re in England for another 7-10 days then a few days in Ireland before heading home. I know we are getting to Yorkshire at some point, but some friends of ours from the West Midlands have our itinerary all planned and honestly, I’ve been taking each day as it comes and don’t know at the moment when we’ll get your way. There are six of us, so probably too many to stay, but may arrange for a short visit to put face with a name.�� I’ll let you know.

We spent last night near Hexam at the Rye Hill Inn. Beautiful area! Today we’re driving west toward Carlisle and getting glimpses of Hadrian’s Wall. Not sure after that.

Last edited:
Well, you got a great week of weather, I am around most of the week unless called on reserve at work.

You are right, can't accomodate 6 but can take you flying if you can get to Sherburn in Elmet, near Selby.

Cell is 07802 977505

M

Back