What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shops in the Southeast

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,
I am finally ready to get my airplane painted and I am looking for recommendations for paint shops in the Southeast. I live in the S. Atlanta metro area and am willing to go to a shop in GA, SC, NC, TN, AL, or FL. Do you guys have any recommendations for the following shops:

Eagle Aviation Columbia SC
Fred Guarino Paint Stuart FL
Hawk Aircraft Vandenberg FL
Wings Aviation Kissimmee FL
Saltaire Refinishers Ormond Beach FL
Highland Aviation Sebring FL
Select Aircraft Painting Gulf Shores AL
Hawk Aircraft Painting Tampa FL
Dove Aviation Darlington SC
Prestige Refinishing St Augustine FL
S+R Refinishers Winter Haven FL
Sebastian Aero Sebastian FL
The Leading Edge Arcadia FL
Florida Aero Paint Lantana FL
Duane Fouts Aircraft Gainesville FL
Florida Aircraft Painting Bartow FL
Lexaire Inc Deland FL

Some of the shops listed above may not still be in business, I'm not sure if all of them do single engine airplanes and/or experimentals. If you guys have any experience with these shops or have recommendations for others, please let me know.

Thank you!
Jerry

Bobby Potts of Tuscaloosa interiors painted mine and several others on this site. His ad is on the front page. I would use him again.

205-333-3116

Another vote

Another vote for Bobby Potts. Great guy to deal with. Great paint job. He has painted a lot of RV's.
Larry

Another Pott's special:

RV7A597.jpg

One more vote for Bobby Potts (see below). I would use him again for another RV. Ignore the large N numbers, those are temporary stickers for ferry flight to Brazil.

I had Hawk Aircraft Painting in Tampa paint my Bonanza and I'm happy with their work... I thought they did a great job, too.... If it was another RV it'd go to Bobby.. another Bonanza back to Hawk :)

DSC01048.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations for Bobby Potts. It sound like he has made a lot of people happy. How about the other shops I mentioned? Anyone have good info on them?

Thank you!

Jerry

Save yourself a couple of grand and go to Mason Aircraft Finishes. He is located at KAFP and can be found on FaceBook.

It takes him three weeks to do a two seat RV and four weeks for a -10. The catch is you have to disassemble and reassemble your own aircraft. But, he fills all the pin holes for you!

2011-05-21_18-41-18_93.jpg

Last edited:
Another vote.....

for Bobby Potts in Tuscaloosa. I am a ludite when it comes to fiberglass work but Bobby spruced up my shoddy work and made it look fabulous. The painting was also very well done and exactly what I asked for. Highly recommend him to anybody.

Hello Guys,
I've been on the phone today with Highlands Aviation at Avon Park FL, Hawk Aircraft in Tampa FL, and Florida Aircraft Painting in Bartow FL. Does anyone have any specific info on these three shops? The last two I mentioned, Hawk and FAP say they have done a lot of RVs. I still need to call the others that were previously mentioned.

Thank you,
Jerry

As I mentioned, Hawk did a great job with my Bonanza.. I was very happy with their work..

Email from Bobby Potts this morning says he has been retired now for several years. Anyone have experience with other paint shops close here to east central Mississippi?

Would like to see work from the shop prior to using them.

Weasel,
I've heard good things about International Jet in Gadsden. The quote they gave me was higher than Bobby did it for, but from what I've seen they do really good work.

I've heard good things about International Jet in Gadsden.

International Jets, in Gadsden, AL painted our airplane and did an awesome job. However, they have been bought out by Code 1 Aviation. I have no idea if Code 1 does paint or if the same crew is still working there, but if you give them a call, ask if Micah Nash is still running the paint shop. If so, I HIGHLY recommend him. If not, find out where he went.

http://www.code1aviation.com/international-jets
Gadsden, AL: 256-442-8099

This was the design:
Gant%20RV7%20Final%203_zps35skqgjr.jpg

This was the result:
20160407_112303_zps1gcbfaun.jpg

It is a ways from East MS, but figured I would post another option in East TN.
I just had my Lancair completely stripped and repainted with composite work too for a total cost in mid 4 figures. They are off airport but indicated they might consider coming to you if you have a suitable work location. Email me for their contact info.
2dsrbsk.jpg

qxp9jp.jpg

4l1r3l.jpg

2m4awz7.jpg

5ehn3k.jpg

International Jets, in Gadsden, AL painted our airplane and did an awesome job. However, they have been bought out by Code 1 Aviation. I have no idea if Code 1 does paint or if the same crew is still working there, but if you give them a call, ask if Micah Nash is still running the paint shop. If so, I HIGHLY recommend him. If not, find out where he went.

http://www.code1aviation.com/international-jets
Gadsden, AL: 256-442-8099

This was the design:
Gant%20RV7%20Final%203_zps35skqgjr.jpg

This was the result:
20160407_112303_zps1gcbfaun.jpg
Thanks. I noticed that code 1 bought them out.

I will see what I can find.

It is a ways from East MS, but figured I would post another option in East TN.
I just had my Lancair completely stripped and repainted with composite work too for a total cost in mid 4 figures. They are off airport but indicated they might consider coming to you if you have a suitable work location. Email me for
Thanks for the tip. East TN is not too far if they do good work for a fair price and a reasonable time line.

Back