What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NavWorx serial number -12 not -0012?

rv6n6r

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone have a NavWorx box that's labeled with a -12 not -0012 serial number, and how did that relate to getting through the AD compliance and AMOC process, in your experience?

Does anyone have a NavWorx box that's labeled with a -12 not -0012 serial number, and how did that relate to getting through the AD compliance and AMOC process, in your experience?

My data label part number is :200-12-09-00. I questioned Bill Moffitt and he confirmed this is indeed a -0012. I suppose one could argue that 200-12-09-00 is neither a 200-0012 nor 200-0013 and therefore the AD doesn't comply, but I further suspect the FAA may not share this view.

As far as the strict interpretation of the of the AD (and the later AMOCs to that AD), perhaps the Ft Worth ACO (Michael Heusser - [email protected]) would have the FAA correct answer.

Henry

I've got just the 12, and it was confirmed by Dallas Avionics that this was an earlier labeling of the 0012, and that I indeed was affected and needed the ADS-B upgrade.

Anyone have that in writing from Dallas or NavWorx, that they could copy here or in a PM?

Back