What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun n Fun

n74846

Well Known Member
Has anyone been to SNF yet and are there any RV-12 unique products, services, displays of note to check out while there?

No, but one of the RV12's on the ramp has a rivet missing from the empennage :eek:

Amazed it can still fly.

Friday

Heading over this morning to visit Sun n Fun. At the end of a week long Florida vacation. My 12 is in the hangar in Colorado and was under a little snow this past week.

I will check back in if anything interesting occurs. :rolleyes:

Back from a day at SnF

Well, not an RV12 fest. The homebuilt parking and homebuilt camping had plenty RVs, but only 3 RV12s (teen built) and 1 at the EAA building used for display promoting the chance to win an SLSA model. All I could find.

Maybe others will come in for the day on Saturday and Sunday? Otherwise a great show. The Blues were very impressive a s usual. Enjoy if you go!

I went to SNF on the opening day. I published a 2 min video of the event. Not too many RV's. Go to this link and scroll to the bottom. Enjoy!

Zack

http://www.zackair.com/videos/

I was there Tues / Wed. A weather system across northern Florida was a big block to those flying in for the first part of the show (other than cheapos like me who flew SWA.) Too bad because the French aerobatic team was flying the first day.

Flew in this morning, great weather and light traffic. Little special to see, but more LSA's on display, a few with BRS! Too expensive for them all. The deal of the day was finding a Silent Hektik VR in a display unrelated to RV's. I bought it at the end of the day at a good price and saved the headache of an international purchase, duty, etc.

Well, not an RV12 fest. ...but only 3 RV12s (teen built) and 1 at the EAA building used for display!

I volunteered at HB parking most of the week and in HB there was my 12 and 2 more in row 10 and 4 student build in row 11 plus the EAA display. Forgot there was one in General Aviation and I believe one in HBC. You had to visit before the locals left to count 10. The EAA display plane was real comical on Wednesday night when they wrapped the plane in packing quilts and plastic wrapped it to protect from potential hail. Wish I could have taken a picture of a Betty Crockered 12 but it was too dark.

Last edited:
Back