What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Scratches in Stainless Steel Bulkhead

Aero_Octaveus

Well Known Member
So thanks to Canada Customs, they opened Van's well packed crate of my replacement stainless steel firewall. When they forwarded the shipment to me, they just threw all the aluminum pieces on on the firewall, got a 5 year old to tape up the wood crate and sent it. Now I have a firewall with some decent scratches in it. They aren't deep, but they are there.

Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

Is it wise to take some time and try to get them out? (They are on the cabin side of the bulkhead along the top rivet line)

Insurance

I don't know if it will be a non-cosmetic issue, but can you claim through your insurer?

So thanks to Canada Customs, they opened Van's well packed crate of my replacement stainless steel firewall. When they forwarded the shipment to me, they just threw all the aluminum pieces on on the firewall, got a 5 year old to tape up the wood crate and sent it. Now I have a firewall with some decent scratches in it. They aren't deep, but they are there.

Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

Is it wise to take some time and try to get them out? (They are on the cabin side of the bulkhead along the top rivet line)

Surface scratches in stainless are not a problem as you would find in aluminum.

Time to do a cool engine-turned finish on that firewall.

9990141948401-vi.jpg

Back