What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

need offset arm for RSA-5AD1 fuel servo

Greenley

Well Known Member
My fuel servo has a straight arm for the mixture, this does not work with the FAB. I found I need the precision airmotive part # 2521287, which is an offset arm. Their price is $166.42 for this small part. Even in the aviation world this seems high. Any better ideas?

Not sure on the 10 but on the 4 cylinder we are usually able to swap the mixture and throttle arms. moving the straight one to the throttle and the offset one to the mixture??

You could try Wentworth. A few years back I had a similar problem and got one from them, but I don't recall the price.

Give Precision Airmotive a call and explain your problem. As I recall, they simply had me trade my straight arm for an offset arm, no cost.

Precision just did a no-cost swap of my buddy's straight arm for one of the offset arms. Of course the unit was unused and he paid shipping, but it's been years since he purchased his engine. In my book, that was very nice of Precision to do.

Since mine is an old unit with a 540 C4B5 engine, Precision said $166 for an arm. Called Don at Airflow, he some custom new ones for $50. Just got a call from a local overhaul place, he will sell me a used arm for $40.

Back