What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting Flightline Interior

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Getting round to fitting the interior and am wondering just how you can fit the upper rear panel - RV12-B1.

Any suggestions as to how to manipulate it behind the tank and vent lines as I seem to be having a struggle and don't want to mark the panel.

Hello Mike
I struggle as well getting the upholstered panel in place when the fuel tank is installed. There probably is no easy way, I just bend it as necessary and work it in behind the tank and then the edges. It takes quite a lot of bending and the edges get scraped against the roll bar support and miscellaneous rivets. I have had mine in and out now many times. It still looks good but has quite a few marks on the edges if someone were to look closely at it.

Back Panel RV12-B1

Hi Mike, I had the same experience as Tony. My first install was really a struggle and I almost gave up. Then I continued bending the piece and finally, it just snapped in and fits great. I didn't use any of the screws or caps that it came with, the friction tight fit has been great. Here are a few pics....

2cn6qon.jpg

qplc9v.jpg

6hrm1l.jpg

I thank you muchly, however....

Will probably now leave it to the new owner :D

We have decided not to fit the interior as the exterior is un painted and would probably get compromised......

i.e. we can't be ars*d....

:rolleyes:

Appalling I know.... I sleep at night though ;)

Back