What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hondo Tx fly in-air show

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
This coming Saturday May 17th Hondo KHDO Texas. Gates open at 9:00 and the air show starts around 12:00. Should be a good event and will include the Tora Tora Tora show.

Pat

This coming Saturday May 17th Hondo KHDO Texas. Gates open at 9:00 and the air show starts around 12:00. Should be a good event and will include the Tora Tora Tora show.

Pat

And more importantly Falcon Flight :).

Airshow

My RV-4 partner will be there. He will be doing the banner tow demonstration flying an old "ugly" Call-Air crop duster. You can't miss it. It will be the ugliest plane on the flight line.

The crowd liked the banner tow demo this past weekend at the Corsicana show.

We're like a traveling circus this time of year. Another airshow every weekend with the same cast of characters in a different town. I'm taking this weekend off to reload and dive back in.

Justin is new to the airshow scene. That was his second time to perform. I think he's addicted now. He's only been towing banners for about a year now, mostly local flights around Lufkin and Nacogdoches.

ROEs?

Does anyone know if there are any specific procedures for getting in and out of there? I.e., an "Airboss" frequency, arrival corridor, etc?

Flew in there a few years ago and you were supposed to report a "Bridge" east of twon on an airboss frequency. Didn't see anything for this year. Just don't want to be "that guy" . . .

Thanks,

Rick

There will be a TFR and Waiver in effect today. Don't even think about it while they are hot. Otherwise it is a standard uncontrolled airfield. The airboss freq is rarely published and is often kept top-secret for good reason.

Back