Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 AM

Default Datatoys going under

Regretably, Datatoys are going under.

I paid for over $3000 worth of UDVP-Pro HD camera gear in May and the goods didn't arrive. Five weeks later, when I finally got a response, I was told there would be another four week delay due to supply issues. My subsequent e-mails also went unanswered and I suspected they had or were going bust, but I was surprised to see Datatoys had a booth at Air Venture (goodness knows how many deposits were taken at that event). I eventually received a response in Aug when I suggested going public and sending someone around to see if the lights were on at the factory.

Suggesting a public announcement has been the only way I could get Datatoys to respond and, while their situation is unfortunate, the promises are without detail or substance.

I hope to save others the unnecessary expense, grief and effort in relation to any future warranty claims for sold or surplus stock.

Cheers, Stu
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM

Default Datatoys still alive

They are still in business but are now owned by Bad Wolf Technologies-some of the people are even the same.

Talking to the rep on the phone the other day he said they still fully support the cameras they sold under the Datatoys name.

Cheers,

Rick
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 AM

Default Datatoys going under

Yes, Bad Wolf Technologies have bought the name, but there's a lot more to the story. I'll let you guys know how things pan out.

Regards, Stu