What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airspace data disappeared from GRT Sport EX?

Kooshball

Well Known Member
Seems I always have questions following Friday evening or Sat morning flights when GRT isn?t open...

When I first setup my Sport EX I saw all the pertinent airspace on the map without issue (class C, D, etc.). I have since deactivated the engine monitoring screens and getup gps out in order to display ground speed and waypoint data on my AV30 which works better than expected. Now however when I am in any of the map modes I don?t see the airspace displayed on the map even while flying in an area where I am within a few miles of The class C. I have zoomed in and out and I don?t see any airspace data.

I winner through the manual and all the settings again and I don?t see where it is even an option to turn that feature on or off but I must have changed something.

Does anyone here know where that setting is or know where I should look to get that display information back on?

Thx!

In case anyone else has this issue it was caused by me having selected the ?show? METARS option on the map...when that is selected as what I thought was an overlay it actually eliminates airspace, roads, lakes, rivers, populated areas, etc from the map to display metars. Easy to change but kind of frustrating to loose that amount of displayed data just to have metars at a glance.

Back