What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GEA24 Engine Transducer Layout - RV7

Hi All

Hoping you can provide me with the answer, I am working on wiring up my RV7 at the moment and want to know which order people are installing their Garmin GEA24 Engine monitoring Transducers for Manifold Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure? ie from top to bottom which order makes for the tidiest install for plumbing the respective hoses etc?

yg47rzy

https://ibb.co/yg47rzy

Many Thanks,
Jonathan

The order of mounting does not matter or the orientation of the manifold. I just did a retrofit on an -8 and was able to use existing pressure lines by getting creative with mounting location.

Last edited:
Hi All

Hoping you can provide me with the answer, I am working on wiring up my RV7 at the moment and want to know which order people are installing their Garmin GEA24 Engine monitoring Transducers for Manifold Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure? ie from top to bottom which order makes for the tidiest install for plumbing the respective hoses etc?

yg47rzy

https://ibb.co/yg47rzy

Many Thanks,
Jonathan

Since I used a standard Lycoming engine and Firewall forward kit from vans I did it per the plans and the supplied hoses for Fuel and oil pressure work fine. That leaves the top position free for Manifold pressure but you will need a custom hose to get to that from cylinder 3. I happened to have a spare VA-118 brake line and found that it would just reach the port on Cylinder 4 with a 45 degree fitting on the transducer manifold, so thats what I have done.

Most of the flying RV-6(A)s that I have seen had the manifold mounted horizontal instead of vertical like in the linked photo.

The idea is to keep the hose run as short as possible. Hose needs to be long enough to isolate engine vibration and starting shake but short enough to keep weight down.

When building an airplane that does not have plans on how to route stuff firewall forward, I like to start that is hardest to relocate and work to easiest to relocate. 1. Exhaust system, 2. Hoses, 3. Control Cables. 4. Wire. On some installations, 2 and 3 will get swapped.

Back