What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tubeless Nose Wheel

I would like to see a pirep on Grove nose wheel as well. It looks like a great alternative to pricey Beringer.

Grove Tubeless Nose Wheel

I am in the process of doing some minor upgrades on my RV-9A. High on the list is either the ?Anti Splat? sealed bearing mod or replacing the existing wheel with the Grove Tubeless nose wheel P/N 59-19-RV. I have searched the archives? finding only two or three post on the subject. Has anyone had any recent experience with the Grove product?

John Rittenhouse
Costa Mesa, CA
RV-9A

On three airplanes in switzerland in use!

Hi

The Grove wheel we mounted in three RV-7A's in switzerland since more tha a year. All is fine, would do it definitly again.

About 300 landings all three together.

Best regards, Dominik

I am in the process of doing some minor upgrades on my RV-9A. High on the list is either the “Anti Splat” sealed bearing mod or replacing the existing wheel with the Grove Tubeless nose wheel P/N 59-19-RV. I have searched the archives… finding only two or three post on the subject. Has anyone had any recent experience with the Grove product?

John Rittenhouse
Costa Mesa, CA
RV-9A

If you stay with the stock tubed nose wheel, consider getting the Matco axle. Allows you to set the preload on the tapered bearings independent of the through-bolt. Works great, and costs about $60.

If you stay with the stock tubed nose wheel, consider getting the Matco axle. Allows you to set the preload on the tapered bearings independent of the through-bolt. Works great, and costs about $60.

Second that! Replaced my stock nose wheel with Grove (bought here on VAF used) in May and put some hard 300 hours on it. There is a noticeable difference. :)

Back