What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VA-146 Bearing

Pman

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone else has noticed, after properly attaching the F-635 Elevator Bellcrank with the required hardware (per the plans) and torquing the AN365-428 nut, have you noticed any (slight) lateral play in the VA-146 Bearing?
I've tried a few different VA-146 Bearings from Van's, and I continue to notice slight lateral play in each bearing.
I've checked the Bellcrank assemblies of a few local flying RV's (on my home field) that were built 6+ years ago, and none of their VA-146 Bearings have any lateral play.
Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience after installing their F-635 Bellcrank.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Mike

Could the newer bearings be faulty?

Thanks for your reply Dave---

Anyone else out there care to comment if their VA-146 Bearing has lateral play in it????

The extra VA-146's I've recently received from Van's all have some lateral movement in the bearings----I'm wondering if these newer bearings are possibly faulty, or could the movement be within acceptable tolerance?

I've been in contact with the Tech Folks with hopes of determining if lateral movement in the bearing is acceptable(?)

Mike

Back