What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft wraps on gelcoat-surfaced fiberglass

Easy...

I lightly sanded my wing and tail tips with 150 then 220 on a padded sanding block used for drywall finishing. They might be a little heavy reading other threads but the vinyl looks great. And it is easy...the benefit of vinyl...
My LG fairing I did the same thing but they don't have the same white gel coat as the wing tips. The cloth weave shows through the chrome wrap just a little.
The emp trans fairing, wheel pants, canopy fairng and such got the full prime sand prime sand...treatment.
The wrap mafia pros might have more to say.

I lightly sanded my wing and tail tips with 150 then 220 on a padded sanding block used for drywall finishing. They might be a little heavy reading other threads but the vinyl looks great. And it is easy...the benefit of vinyl...
My LG fairing I did the same thing but they don't have the same white gel coat as the wing tips. The cloth weave shows through the chrome wrap just a little.
The emp trans fairing, wheel pants, canopy fairng and such got the full prime sand prime sand...treatment.
The wrap mafia pros might have more to say.

I couldn't have said it better...

My tips are 100% untouched from Vans. Very Slight weave visible. Wasn't worth the effort (for me) for any more prep.

Back