What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What prop?

stifler

Hi guys
I'm having my 0-320 (150hp) overhauled and going for the 160hp option upgrade, whilst I'm at it I'm looking for a prop (possibly a 3 blade catto) that will be the right combination for this set up, any ideas on type/pitch etc to get the best cruise climb performance.
Thanks
Steve

go to Catto

Hi guys
I'm having my 0-320 (150hp) overhauled and going for the 160hp option upgrade, whilst I'm at it I'm looking for a prop (possibly a 3 blade catto) that will be the right combination for this set up, any ideas on type/pitch etc to get the best cruise climb performance.
Thanks
Steve

I suggest you call and speak with Craig himself - he'll be the one that can tell you how you want it set up better than any of us that have flown behind maybe one or two other props. Tell him what you have and what you want and he'll be able to design around your desires. I have a -4, 160hp, with his prop, pitched for cruise, and it is perfect, based on what I asked him to provide.
Good luck!
Patrick

Catto gen 3, 3 blade with nickel leading edge. 67" dia x 70" pitch on my 160hp, o-320 rv6. 2200 rpm static, 2650 rpm at 8000ft DA. Climbs 1500 fpm at 1400lb takeoff weight at 31 deg C. WOT leaned to max rpm gives 160 ktas verified by 4 way gps runs on multiple occassions. Very smooth running and looks great.

Back