What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV'ers/Airports near Somerset NJ/Central NJ? / Here for a few weeks

raabs

Well Known Member
In Somerset/Central NJ? For Few Weeks

Hi all, I'm in Somerset NJ from FL for a few weeks and wondering if there are many active RV'ers in Central Jersey (I think Somerset is Central NJ?).

Never been here before and I thought I'd explore a few airports to see what it's like (starting to look at FF). Looking for a couple places to explore in my spare time and weekends. I'm building an -10 in FL but it doesn't have to be -10 related.

I also met an 18 year old young man at my hotel that is here for cancer treatment and was thinking it might be cool to introduce him and his dad to some RV stuff. Maybe find a ride a ride for him if he had interest?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
VanSant, cool old planes just off the Delaware. Sky Manor- food and walk to a winery and Blairstown, cafe and gliders almost up along the Appalachian trail and water gap.

Old Rhinebeck, for a weekend airshow if weather is good, but probably from a rental car.

Thanks! Have a car and will check out some of these in next couple of days! If any RV'ers around, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or post.

Yes Rob there are couple of us here in Jersey but we are so busy we couldn't even meet each other. I am trying to be airborne every day after work and flying out pretty much on every weekend. I second Sky Manor as a major RV hub in NJ. It's a shame I haven't been there for couple years.

If you are still here on June 29th come to Solberg Airport there will be some action at 4 pm till dusk. I will post a flyer later.

Thanks Vlad! I will still be here into July and will come to Solberg on the 29th!
It will be fun to meet the famous Vlad!

Thanks very much,
Rob

RV-10 in Northern NJ

Rob -
I have a -10 under construction in Northern NJ. Zip code is 07656. More than welcome to come check it out if you?d like. Structure is pretty much complete. Engine has just arrived - hopefully we?ll get it installed in the next few weeks.

Went to Sky Manor yesterday, very cool place. Met Tom, one of the owners and CFI while he was soloing a 16 year old.

Vlad - are you guys still on for Sat at Solberg Airport* 4 till dusk? If so, me and my wife would like to come by. I didn't see a flyer.

Thx!

Here it is Rob. I will zoom to Maine in the morning and will be back by the time festivities start. I will do a flyby before balloons launch. You could not miss that sound of a 9. Will probably park in static display but behind the fence. Don't want people to be scared of the beater :D

If anybody around welcome for a flyby or land and come to join us. There will be a concert. Just watch for those hot air balloons they will be giving rides.

Back