VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-05-2018, 03:10 AM

Default oxygen bottle

My esteemed brethren........where do most of you guys mount a D size oxygen bottle in a 6A? I've got the bracket and all misc. stuff. Just need some ideas. RZRBILL?
Old 02-05-2018, 04:39 AM

Mine mounts on the back of the flap motor area between the 2 seats.
Aero Engineer, A&P
Old 02-05-2018, 04:48 AM

Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.
Unpainted, polished....kinda'
My RV Construction Page
Old 02-05-2018, 05:19 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzbill View Post
Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.

Thanks brother Bill. I thought that was where you mounted yours. We'll see ya soon.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Mine mounts on the back of the flap motor area between the 2 seats.
Dido. I used some quick connect mounts where I can pull it out in seconds. I put a piece of channel stiffener down the back of the up-right and mounted to that.