VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-24-2018, 03:53 PM

I think tru trac includes it with their purchase. I thought I read somewhere that someone tried to buy it from them and they wanted like $200 because they don't like selling it seperate or something. Was hoping there was another source for it.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
I think tru trac includes it with their purchase. I thought I read somewhere that someone tried to buy it from them and they wanted like $200 because they don't like selling it seperate or something. Was hoping there was another source for it.

This is correct. I called them and they wanted $200+ if I could not prove I had there servo. The Dynon -6 bracket works great except you donít get a clamp.
2018 dues paid.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:27 AM

Default clamp for roll servo

I used the clamp that Trutrak provides. If I were in your shoes, I would get some 4130 sheet that is the same thickness as their clamp and make your own clamp.
Have someone or yourself weld the ear on that attaches to the servo. I think the ear is a little bit thicker steel. The weld is a simple tig weld.
Mark Wyss
0 360 A1A Ellison throttle body
PMags
Trutrak Efis
Catto 3 Blade
FLYING

Last edited by blackbeard10 : 01-25-2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 AM

I did something very similar to what Vern did. This puts the servo in the bay forward of the main spar. Having the servo there makes it much easier to maintain and repair. Over the years, 12, I have had to replace my roll servo three times. The heavier roll forces of the EVO wing may have had an influence on that issue. The "tab" does not have to be on the bottom of the tube, mine is on the top. The point is to measure the distance from the tube to the hole in the supplied bracket and then make sure that your tab is the same distance away, be it on the top or the bottom of the tube. Check that the range of movement is such that you never get into a position where you can go "over centre" . This check should be done however you mount any of your servos.
2010 SARL Rocket 100 race, average speed of 238.6 knots/274.6mph
RV4, RV7, RV10, two HRIIs and five F1 Rockets
RV14 Tail dragger flying #153

Fairlea Field
St.Thomas, Ontario Canada, CYQS
fairleafield@gmail.com
Old 01-25-2018, 09:27 AM

I've got a Navaid servo mounted forward of the spar & the link attaches just behind the pilot stick on top of the walking beam. I copied someone else's installation when I did mine. Happy to email you some pics; I no l no longer waste time linking them here.

Charlie