Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-4
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2018, 11:59 AM

I did the same, and the RV-10 vent works great on the right hand side in this location. The only scary thing is cutting/trimming the side skin, donít want to mess that up!

-Fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7charlie View Post
My purchased -4 had no vent for the back seat. I bought an RV-10 vent kit from Van's, which contains the stamped parts for two swing-out vents. Very reasonable price, IIRC. Each vent is ~ 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches, plus the perimeter mount. I mounted one on the right side of the fuselage, as high as I could under the top longeron and a few inches aft of the structure under the roll bar. It seems to supply adequate air to the backseater, and doesn't blow in their face, which helps avoid breaking intercom squelch when you have inexperienced passengers.

Very simple to install, very light weight, and I gave the spare to a neighbor for one of his planes.

FWIW...
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Default + 3 for RV10 vent

Like Charlie, I put the RV10 vent in for the rear seater in my RV4. Worked great for 11 years and 700 hours. Will do it again for my new project. Ron
regular VAF donor despite being exempt