- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-24-2020, 06:33 AM

[quote=Piper J3;1416859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV12JT View Post

The circlip is not really loose – it is pinched by the screw in the slide from above. The main needle is designed to float which gives the appearance that the circlip is loose. The needle needs to float so it centers itself in the main jet and doesn’t rub on the jet which would cause wear and allow a rich mixture. It’s interesting… the needle centers itself with the ~5 GPH flow of gasoline coming vertically up thru the main jet.
Trust me, they were loose. MWSS is very familiar with ROTAX engines. When we removed the needle we found one clip to be way too loose. This on a relatively new engine, just under 100 hours. The reason for the SB, saw clips fail, and foul the carbs. The replacements were sturdier (Originals Mfgr’d too soft) and you could see the new ones fit snugger than the originals. They still had play, but weren’t wobbling on the needle, as were the originals.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:12 AM

[quote=NinerBikes;1416845]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post

Do you need to resynch both carburetors after performing this update?
Mine were out of synch afterwards, but the AirCam has a one-off throttle cable arrangement. As the local Rotax guru says, "never miss an opportunity to check your carb synch."
Cameron Park, CA (O61)
Old 03-26-2020, 01:48 AM

Default expensiv and a lot of work

Hello,
I like the idea of an injected engine in my RV, but my RV-12is will get a 912ULS engine after much consideration and asking friends. Reasons for this were the high number of SB's for the iS engine, the price tag and this funny fuel pump assembly behind the bulkhead. Can someone tell me how it is possible to change the fuel pumps without cutting off the empennage?
D-E.... RV-12iS #121128, enpennage, wings and fuselage done, finish and engine in progress www.tomsworld.de

Last edited by Major-Tom : 03-26-2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM

I’ve already done so for the fuel pump SB. Wasn’t as bad as I expected. Loosen two AN fittings, which are accessible from the opening in the baggage compartment bulkhead and remove the six screws for the fuel pump assembly tray accessible from inside the baggage compartment, disconnect the fuel pump electrical connectors and fuel pressure sensor connection and the assembly drops out.

Replacing the assembly wasn’t that tough either. You do have to remove the seat back and lay over the fuel tank to reach in there though.

Last edited by Bob Y : 03-26-2020 at 11:20 AM.