Home > VansAirForceForums

- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > Canada
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM
Snowflake's Avatar
Snowflake Snowflake is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,664

FYI - You don't need a US license to do this.

You can transfer the registration to Canadian and then fly it back yourself using your own license. The FAA will issue a flight permit that's valid until you cross the border, TC will issue a flight permit that is valid from there until you reach the airport at which you'll park it until the inspection is done.

Caution on MD-RA - Be sure that anything they ask you to do is actually supported by the regulations. 406 Mhz ELT's are not mandatory yet, for example. Also, since you'll be using the Exception to Chapter 549 to import, note that you don't need the massive "this aircraft is operating without a C-of-A..." label. The text size is not specified, and the text is simpler, for those using the exception.

Happy to answer questions about importing, my -6 started out in the US as well.
Rob Prior
1996 RV-6 "Tweety" C-FRBP (formerly N196RV)
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.

The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.