What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheelbase width?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
Anyone happen to know off-hand what the main gear wheelbase width of a 9A is? I'm measuring my garage door opening, trying to see whether I can mount the gears and get the fuselage on its wheels before rolling out of the garage, or if I have a worst-case scenario where I have to move it out into the driveway and get it on its gears the same morning that I load up to move to the airport. Thanks!

About 92"

Its about 92". I just moved mine thru a 71 1/2" door opening. You may need to bring it out at an angle, then grab the tail and scoot it over (have someone holding the tow bar). I think a single garage door is 9', with a few being 8', so you should not have a problem.

Yeah, this'll be interesting, then. If it's 92", I'll be fine. That's *exactly* the width of my condo garage door. The garage itself is naturally a few more inches wider on either side, so it's looking like I can mount the gears inside. But sounds like most likely I'll have to angle it out.

You can hook up some ratchet straps to the axles and pull the gear inward a little if necessary. Probably good for a couple of inches.

Back