What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any tail picker feedback

Av8safe

Well Known Member
I am looking at the Tail Picker 1 by Aircraft Tugs for use on an RV7 and am interested in feedback on this or similar options. I am looking for a manageable way for me to move the plane by myself. Mostly moving on level concrete hangar floor to level asphalt surface.

Thanks for the input,
Mitch

For about ten times the cost, this will do the job. I have one of its brothers for my non-RV. Caveat, it does need electricity.

Dave

Why not consider a tail wheel device like I used on my Cessna 170. I cannot tell you what it is called, but a simple "T" handle with a "claw" deceive that attaches to the tail mount.

I pulled it on level concrete no problems.
Just a thought.

If you want a power unit then mine idea will not work.

In a word -NO

I was loaned one you mentioned for my RV7 and the wheels are too tall fit under the fuse for lifting the tail wheel. It did not work.

I got a Bogert bar for specifically for the 7 and it is very useful for in and out of the hangar. Better, cheaper, lighter, smaller. It will fit in the baggage compartment too.

Last edited:
Bogert looks like it would work

Thanks BillL,

The bogert looks effective and the weight and portability are a bonus. Price is not bad too.

-Mitch

Back