What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun and Fun

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
Just wondered who may be going to SNF this year. This is the first year I will be attending when I am actually building a kit and not just looking. I hope to get a look at whatever Garmin is announcing. Are there any plans for RV10 group get together?

Bill

Hello Bill
We get a lot of crappy weather up here this time of year. Weather permitting we plan on bringing our RV-10 down this year. We plan on a departure, on the Friday before the fly-in, unless weather is better later on the weekend. We could make it in one long day but because it's the first time for such a long venture for us , we plan on stopping overnight perhaps somewhere in Georgia. This way we can get into LAL early in the morning and get settled. Our call signs are C-GPES, look us up, that's what we are going for to meet the great people on VAF.
Ron

Shelby county airport (KEET) just south of Birmingham has great fuel prices and 4 airport cars. It's a good place for a stop.

stop by.................

vans tent each day at 5pm to see any rvers. great central location and chairs to boot.

Another option...

Shelby county airport (KEET) just south of Birmingham has great fuel prices and 4 airport cars. It's a good place for a stop.

.....another option is Alexander City, just south of Shelby County. They pride themselves on competitive fuel prices. Nice folks. If you happen to stop by there, contact me, perhaps we can do lunch (great BBQ).

I plan to be there...

....on Wednesday morning, weather permitting ....and this is what my-10 looks like:

Jennynancy.jpg

Best,

Sat & Sunday

the 2& 3rd. Driving down---no RV, but planning on seeing what I can. Newbee at SNF. Hope to meet some of you there.
Tom

It's not an RV but...

For those of you attending SnF who would like to try on something a bit bigger, be sure to wander down the flight line and ask for a personal tour of the a/c my son is currently flying. He'd be glad to introduce you to his 'ride'...

800px-SH-60B_Seahawk2.jpg

Look for the tall, lanky LCDR with the TYLER name badge. He'd welcome a 'Howdy' from VAF members, and got his RV Grin in a RV-4 when back in High School.

Jack

Just reading up on arrival procedures and have a question. Do RV-10s fly at 1200' and 100 kts or less or the 1700' and 150 kts? my problem would be staying behind some one less than 100 kts. I'm comfortable at 100 but I doubt I would be for long at 90 kts.
Ron

Just reading up on arrival procedures and have a question. Do RV-10s fly at 1200' and 100 kts or less or the 1700' and 150 kts? my problem would be staying behind some one less than 100 kts. I'm comfortable at 100 but I doubt I would be for long at 90 kts.
Ron

1200. You should not have any problems at 90kts!

Back