What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Jack Points

RV10 wheel jack points

Good morning,

From the pictures it does not look like the pants will need any modification. An interesting solution i may try myself. Especially if the jack point can be reached without removing the pants.

Ron
Bastrop, Tx

rv10 jack points

I got a set of the wintermotorsport jack points for my RV10 and they were easy to put on. There was no interference with the wheel pants. Havent' tried lifting the airplane with the wheel pants on, but it might be possible using a scissor jack. I plan on taking my wheel pants off before I jack the airplane. I now include a scissor jack in my -10 when going on trips. If I get a flat, I won't have to worry about jacking the airplane at an FBO. In my hangar I use a floor jack to lift the airplane.

I really never thought about leaving the wheel pants on, do they stick out of the pants in some way? I assumed they where hidden by the pants, do you have a picture or two of yours Greg?

Lynn

rv10 jack points

Lynn,
I'll be out at the hangar tomorrow and will take a picture of my installation. No they don't stick out of the wheel pants. They are hidden. Mine clear the wheel pant by about an inch.

Lynn,
I'll be out at the hangar tomorrow and will take a picture of my installation. No they don't stick out of the wheel pants. They are hidden. Mine clear the wheel pant by about an inch.

Thanks Greg, still love to see some pictures when you have a chance.

I completely forgot to take some pictures for you. I am placing a note in my car to do this. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

I haven't put anything on the gear leg, but it probably might be a good idea. I did jack it up using my floor Jack and did not see any marks on the fear leg from the bolt.

Back