What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Autopilot NAV not available

mxhossai

I recently had the Dynon Skyview Touch serviced and reinstalled and configured in the aircraft. Everything works fine and Autopilot as well, however only in HDG and TRK modes. NAV mode is not selectable even though I was flying a flight plan route in the FPL. Any idea why I am not seeing NAV mode?

I recently had the Dynon Skyview Touch serviced and reinstalled and configured in the aircraft. Everything works fine and Autopilot as well, however only in HDG and TRK modes. NAV mode is not selectable even though I was flying a flight plan route in the FPL. Any idea why I am not seeing NAV mode?
Make sure your "HSI Source" is displaying Skyview GPS (assuming you have a flight plan entered into Skyview).

If you have more than 1 navigational source (i.e. Skyview + Garmin) available, then the desired source must be toggled to whichever is applicable, in order for the autopilot to follow it. Additionally, a flight plan must be entered in that unit.

Skyview Autopilot cannot follow a Skyview flight plan, unless the HSI "source" displayed is Skyview GPS.

Clear as mud, right?

Yup will check tomorrow. However, since I dont have another GPS source, HSI should be selected by default right? Anyway, will check for sure and report back. Thanks!

. . . . . since I dont have another GPS source, HSI should be selected by default right? Anyway, will check for sure and report back. Thanks!
Correct, but you still need to see "Skyview" in the HSI source box. If you enter a waypoint in the flight plan, the distance and course to that first waypoint will also be displayed adjacent to "Skyview" in the HSi source box area.

Back