What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matco cylinder springs

gsimatos

I'm New Here
Guys n
have the dragging caliper issue with the Matco master cylinders. I got the info here for the collars and spring fix for the cylinders so they fully retract BUT McMaster-CAr will not ship to canada or to my broker in Blaine, Wa. Any suggestion who else may have the collars and springs for the mod Didn't see anything on ACSpruce........Thx Gary

Local hardware store with parts drawers?

Just picked up Springs, bushings, and washers at the local ACE hardware store today. There are some of those part way down to Seattle,.. but gotta believe there are some good stores in Vancouver.

Best of luck

OK on the scrounge tomorrow here in the Great White North
(Tho the cherrie blossoms are everywhere in Vancouver)

I would encourage you to fix the issue before adding the springs. Do a search for all the scoop.
Adding springs just covers up build/design error and is unnecessary if you fix the underlying issue. The stock springs are more than adequate and it’s easy to fix your pedal alignment which is typically the cause of them not returning.

Many, many posts here on how to get it done right.

doesn't seem like there is any binding in pedals but will look again. Puck on caliper definitely not going back on the right caliper tho, will look again thanks

Here's a good thread...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=57022

The long bolt being referred to is a single bolt that carries across the two hinge points of the pedal. Normally, there are two short bolts that do this.
Make sure the holes are "clean" and are in alignment.
I used the long bolts and the extra boost springs. No problems so far; no brakes dragging.

Good luck.

Also confirm your brake reservoir cap has a breather hole or sufficient air space for fluid to return.

Back