What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oversize panel image

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Does anyone have an image of the
F-6103 OVSZ

so I can compare to the one included in the 9A kit.

I'm looking for a reference for planning.

Thanks for your help.

What exactly are you looking for? I have an original 9A uncut panel and an untouched F-6103 OVSZ in the shop right now.

pictures would be great

What exactly are you looking for? I have an original 9A uncut panel and an untouched F-6103 OVSZ in the shop right now.

Hi Scott,

photo's of the raw oversize panel would be great.
I'm trying to lay out my panel and the original is simply too small but looks like the oversize would give me the additional room.
I'm also going to change the vent and don't know if they did a cutout. I might do the stein vent to the SCAT attaches directly.

If you don't mind a measurement of the dropdown (compared to the original) that will help as well since VANS doesn't seem to provide a download file of the oversize panel.

Cheers.

Just for you...

i-HGtw8Sg-L.jpg

i-SdDLCpv-L.jpg

i-vprXxZS-L.jpg

i-X7jWZmp-L.jpg

i-3JcGwCQ-L.jpg

i-HRQ7GSH-L.jpg

i-VdLhhFk-L.jpg

Having never ordered one before, I recently sent this to Vans:
"Is this an uncut .063 panel blank WITH the lower edge bent? If so, is the 14" dimension from the bend to the top or the total before the bend?"

With this response... "Part Number (F-6103 OVSZ) is an uncut .063 panel blank with the lower edge bent, the dimension of panel is 14?x42?.

With the images above, you can decide for yourself what is the "most" accurate information that you need :).

Just for you...

i-HGtw8Sg-L.jpg

i-SdDLCpv-L.jpg

i-vprXxZS-L.jpg

i-X7jWZmp-L.jpg

i-3JcGwCQ-L.jpg

i-HRQ7GSH-L.jpg

i-VdLhhFk-L.jpg

Having never ordered one before, I recently sent this to Vans:
"Is this an uncut .063 panel blank WITH the lower edge bent? If so, is the 14" dimension from the bend to the top or the total before the bend?"

With this response... "Part Number (F-6103 OVSZ) is an uncut .063 panel blank with the lower edge bent, the dimension of panel is 14?x42?.

With the images above, you can decide for yourself what is the "most" accurate information that you need :).

Hi Scott

Very helpful.
For some reason I thought it was already cut as panel shaped but with an extended bottom. Didn't expect is was just a bent piece of aluminum.

Greatly appreciated

I ran into the issue that Van's posts the panel profiles in .dxf so, ostensibly, you can use them to lay out your panel. Long story, short: The Van's .dxf show the panel flat, w/o the bend. The actual panel is about an inch shorter with the bend in place. And, all those fancy Garmin thingies didn't fit with the stock pane.

I had to order an uncut blank (F-6103 OVSZ) and UpNorth aviation had all the cad files to cut it to stock shape on the top, with an extra inch on the bottom.

Saved my bacon...

Back