What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X LRU Kit Selection

Experimentalflyer1

I'm New Here
Will the high performance LRU kit offer additional attitude integrity in a low performance, lightweight application? I'd like to have very good attitude information in a 700lb, 165 knot airplane.

Thanks

Will the high performance LRU kit offer additional attitude integrity in a low performance, lightweight application? I'd like to have very good attitude information in a 700lb, 165 knot airplane.

Thanks

Hello EF1,

Unless you have a need for a system that can support indicated airspeed in excess of 300 knots (KIAS), you should select the standard system with GSU 25 ADAHRS and GMU 11 magnetometer.

Adding a G5 backup instrument is an attractive option if you are planning IFR operation. In addition to providing a redundant EFIS display, it also performs as a backup ADAHRS for the PFD display.

The G5 in combination with a GMC 507 autopilot control panel also provides backup autopilot operation if you install the servos.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Agreed.

I agree with Steve on this one for sure. We have a G3X-touch, with the standard ADHR and a 305 A.P. head. The only time I can even get it to not fallow a trend is if I am doing some hard hammering. And that is mostly my fault if I leave the breakers for the A.P. and the servos in. The ESP function dose work and will try to counter your inputs if they come to fast and hard.
Just leave the breakers out if you have an itch and your fine.
We are 1008 Lbs. and close to 200 Hp. so things can happen quickly.
Hope this helps, Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Back