What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

120 hr repairmans course at rainbow aviation

joe1968

Well Known Member
I'm thinking on taking the January class and wondered if anyone has previously attended the course. I am looking forward to attending

Thanks
Joe

I took it several years ago so I could do my inspectioms on a Kolb that I had bought from another builder. I was very good and I learned a lot. Brian Carpenter is a very good instructor. Tou can see a few videos on the EAA site that Brian has done.

Thats something i would possibly be interested in. Sounds like a great idea.
Is there a website for this where i can track down some information like costs and such?

I took the Rainbow 120hr. class in 2011; 3 weeks hands-on training, the ability to do LSA annuals and sign offs, and just talking airplanes for 10hrs. a day. I still use the Carpenters as a resource (mechanical issues as well as FAA regs.) Also, I have good friends I met in that class. Highly recommend.

Great course and great instructors. I took it several years ago to sign off inspections on my CT and to give me confidence doing repairs and routine maintenance. The $4K cost of the course was recovered long ago. well worth the effort and expense. Highly recommended.

I took the course in Oshkosh. They no longer offer it there. I've taken a 2 day course at Corning. Corning is not quite as plush as Oshkosh, but OK.
Carpenters are good teachers and a continual resource.
There was some talk of offering it in two segments for those who can't get away for 3 solid weeks.
I took my plane out - used it as a demo and turned it into a condition inspection. I liked that.
I'd say it is well worth the money.

Back