What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2018

helinut

I'm New Here
Hey! I know it's a bit early (but probably a little late) but I have the opportunity to attend Oshkosh for the first time ever next year! A buddy of mine bought a RV-7A we'll be flying and we're wanting to get our accommodations in order.

What do you guys recommend? Someone said the dorm rooms with AC, but they are already full, so I got on the waiting list. Camping isn't something he really wants to do, knowing what the weather can produce each year.

Also, what about getting gear there which we can't pack in the plane? I've heard you can UPS it over there.

Thoughts? Thanks!

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/services/shipping-services

"SHIPPING SERVICES
For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors)

The United States Postal Office will not have a location on the convention site. Do not ship your items via the US Postal Service.

Shipping Labels: use these shipping labels as they will expedite handling.

Inbound Shipping - For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors): FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc - Must be picked up at the GES Service Trailer, located on the west side of Exhibit Hangar A.

Outbound Shipping - For attendees (not exhibitors/vendors): FedEx will have an on-site tent location for outbound shipping located in booth #472 on the West side of Exhibit Hangar A.

All other outbound shipping services can be shipping out from the GES Service Trailer. If shipping out via UPS at the GES location, you must have an account number for charges.
"

Your gonna love it!....How much gear do you need? It does take careful planning and packing but my Wife and I camp with a tent, chairs, cooler, and all kinds of stuff and still have room for everything. We have learned you don't need much wardrobe at Oshkosh. And they have a Target a few blocks away. Good Luck

PS, Its never too early for Airventure planning!

Lot's O' gear

Like Mike said, it is amazing how much gear you can pack in a 7. If you are not camping, you have more than enough room.

There are always LOTS of cancellations in the weeks prior to the show. I doubt you will have any problems with space. The dorms are great but if you have the opportunity to stay on the field either in a camper or camping by the plane, give it a shot. Nothing like it.

Last Year Was My First

In order to be fully baptized, camp out by the plane! Last year was my first and it was a tremendous bonding experience for those of us who camped. Theres something spiritual about waking up next to your plane to the sound of airplanes buzzing overhead and warplanes warming up at the "Aerodrome".

Back