What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to mount Fuel filter bracket

8 Builder

Hi all. I have an older kit from 1997ish. The floor, F-822-1, does not have a pre punched hole to start off the mounting position of the fuel filter/fuel pump bracket F1048D. Could someone be kind enough to measure that hole position off the left side and the gear tower for me so that I can put the bracket in the proper place? Thanks, Rich.

As option you can mount the fuel pump and filter vertically on the forward face of the left gear tower.

We did this on two RV-8s and one RV-8A so that one of the two PC-625 batteries could be mounted on the floor between the left tower and the firewall. The second battery was mounted in the same place on the right side (inside the baggage compartment well).

Carl

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but here's another option for mounting two fuel filters at the wing root:

IMG_0729.jpg

http://www.marksrv8.com/2016/08/26/engine-fuel-filters-part-two

They mount on two brackets, which are lined up with the bottom surface of the wing. They are very easy to get to for maintenance.

All good ideas guys but I am a go with the plans kind of guy. Really appreciate the input. Any x y coordinates out there?:D

Thanks!

Thanks for the measurements SHF. Because it took some time for a response, I went ahead and made up my fuel tubing runs. I placed the filter and the fuel pump where they fit best to make a good looking run of tubing and to have the tubing enter and exit the gear tower through the holes provided. In the end it all came out well. I will have to see just how close your measurements are to where mine end up. Like I said; I am a build to plans kind of guy but not to the point of not going with builder common sense. Thanks again for the response!!

Rich

Back