What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Gas run video

Thought I would post this video to take you along on a flight to go get some fuel at BLI from a private strip called Meadowmist. The gopro is strapped to my hat in the attempt to put you in the drivers seat while I run my mouth a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxHfa44Dwg

2002 RV8
IO-360 with constant speed Hartzell
530W
Mode S/ traffic
WX 500
Trutrak Sorcerer Autopilot
LASAR ingnition
62 Gallon fuel=10 gallon Tip Tanks
AOA
430 TT since new
VM1000 engine monitor
IFLY GPS for information and maps
Oxygen

Thanks for all the information this site provides. It is invaluable to any RV builder/owner/buyer. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. Ed

Thanks!

I guess I don?t know what makes a good video, so often I find myself jumping ahead on a 3 minute video to hopefully get to the good part, This was a very good video, nearly a half hour and watched every second. Thanks for sharing!

The Annunciator panel was made for experimental Aircraft back in the late 90's by Proprietary Software Systems, Inc. You can still download an owners manual but there is no support for that system any longer.

The other warning system is an add on to the VM1000 Engine monitor called an EC100 which not only has warning system capabilities but also all of your preloaded checklist.

Just finished watching it and left you a comment. I can't wait till I'm making my own. Any chance you'll be at OSH this year?

Really enjoyed your video, I learned to fly at Renton over 30 years ago so it was nice to again see how beautiful that area is. Also nice job with the 8.

Back