What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 N9306B

mbishop

Well Known Member
I acquired a previously started kit (full emp and 3/4 of one wing done) and now have it sitting in my garage awaiting inventory and organization.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club! There is no better source of info about these awesome machines than right here.

Enjoy the journey.

Partially-built kit-owner

...man, do I feel your pain.

About twice a week my 12 year old stepson looks at me and says, "Bill, when are we gonna start, like, actually working on the plane instead of the shop?"

"I dunno, buddy, I dunno. These things take time. Right now is the boring part." (Until we get to the fiberglass work, then that becomes the boring part.)

-Stormy

Looks like AKZO for me...

decision pretty much made for me by previous kit owner/builder - I see no reason to change now, having read mostly good things here about AKZO. Since every bit of the airframe built to this point is inside-primed already, it makes little sense to stop short of priming the whole interior, and not just the fay surfaces as I would otherwise have done if starting from scratch. But I still get to figure out my own surface prep regimen before shooting the green stuff.

Just last night I was reading over the instruction manual and fingering my new Harbor Freight HVLP spray gun. Wife thinks I'm a bit of a slow learner. "You're still looking at that same piece of gear an hour later?" :confused:

What are you considering priming your 10 with?

Well, A.C. (nice DIY mini split) is installed with 6 banks of ceiling lights and an additional wall plug.

Wing spar ready to go.

Last edited:
The wing ready to be broken down for dimpling and priming:

9S4X4g3u6Qf1455QA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/obCoKtCubyzJ4Nbp8

Last edited:
I've relocated to right outside Boston and v2 of the airplane factory is getting ready for the fuselage kit that is being delivered this week.

And can any admins please PM about changing the title of this thread?

Back