- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 AM

Default lodging

We have (1) room for Fri. and Sat. night (Nov. 3 & 4) at Mather lodge that we will be cancelling soon. If someone is interested give me a call and I will see if I can transfer it. We are staying at the Rockefeller Center and will not need these. Ron 815 291 8864
Old 10-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Cool Update to KBDQ status Morrilton, AR.

We recieved a mailer this week that the runway construction project would begin on 23 October and now close the runway until 10 December. But as of this afternoon no closure NOTAM is in the system. The construction company has now failed to start on the apponted start date four times, so please recheck for NOTAMs
This same thing happened to us based here about four years ago when the runway was lengthened and the taxiway was extended the full length of the runway. Not telling you guys how to operate, but we were told (wink, wink) that the runway was closed; not the airport, gas pumps, or TAXIWAY......
Some folks flew in and out all summer long with the pavement available to them. By the way, taxiway is now 4000x50 the AFD diagram has never been updated. The Foreflight airport diagram is correct.
I'll continue to keep you appraised. Another option guys if Morrilton cannot be used is the new airport in Conway KCXW. Quick three minute flight from Morrilton with self serve fuel, 5000' runway, and two RNAV approaches.

Last edited by Cochise airmotive : 10-26-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Add'l info
Old 10-27-2017, 11:20 PM

Default Room at Mather Lodge

It appears that there might be a room at Mather Lodge for Friday and Saturday night. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you the phone number.

135 Airplanes registered as of tonight.

Bill

BillSchlatterer@sbcglobal.net
Dues Paid 2/11/18 for 2018
Old 10-29-2017, 10:11 PM

Default Petit Jean Statistics

The clock is ticking We're now 5 days out and it's looking like a record year for attendance if you go by the registrations. Currently, we have 141 pilots registered, about 135 airplanes with about 125 RVs. We have every version of the RV in attendance from the RV3 to a couple of RV14s. Here are some fun stats from the Registration Survey.

This chart shows the number of first time attendees at a little over 25% which means that 75% are RV Gathering Repeats ...

Gotta love those RV7A folks .... they like to travel in groups! (just a reminder that the A stands for Advanced Military Gear) AT this point, it looks like the RV7A's outnumber the next big batch of RV8's by 23 to 20!

If you want to know anything about RVs, this is the place to be! Well over two thirds (that's 2/3rds 68% ) of the folks attending are actual builders! I would bet that percentage is way way past any other fly in you will attend. including Oshkosh or SnF. Maybe Vans Homecoming might be higher but I've never seen stats to prove it .... how about it Adam Burch? Which RV flyin has the highest concentration of builders ??

All in all, it should be an awesome weekend on the RV Mountain. Weather is looking like it is going to be agreeable, not perfect but not bad. The usual opportunity for some showers, temps in the low 70's daytime and 50's at night. Great hiking weather if you're a hiker and the leaves are really starting to turn. The state park is at it's very best this month and Petit Jean Airport is nicer than you have ever seen it.

The Gathering is still booked full at the RCC, Mather, and CFHotel but there are always last minute cancellations. The campground is never full but there will be a sea of tents. The campground at night is probably the most fun place you have ever sat around a campfire. EM or PM if you want us to try and run down some accommodations or a campsite.

C U on the Mountain!

Old 10-30-2017, 02:25 PM

Default Rooms Open

We were completely sold out but it looks like we might have 2 only of the single queen rooms open at the RCC for Friday and Saturday. Preference given to two night stays but we'll work hard to get anyone in that wants in. PM or EM if you need rooms.

Thanks Bill

Old 10-31-2017, 01:22 PM

Default RCC room

Bill, Is there still a room available at the RCC. I have a cabin reserved but if we could get a room in the RCC I'd switch.
Thanks!
Paul Gray 251-609-0835
RV 7A, Lycoming 0 320 D1A, Sensenich FP propeller
pilotforfun2001@yahoo.com
VAF supporter $$$
Old 10-31-2017, 07:56 PM

Default Yup ... just a couple

Paul, got three open at the moment. PM or EM and we're get you covered.

Bill

Old 11-01-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSchlatterer View Post
Paul, got three open at the moment. PM or EM and we're get you covered.

Bill
Just sent you an email!
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Sensenich GA Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
www.marksrv8.com
Old 11-02-2017, 01:44 PM

Default Update of KBDQ Morrilton, AR as an alternate

Just spoke with folks on the airport commission. The crack sealing by the paving company is complete. The "X"'s on the runway have been removed and the airport is open for business as we speak until Monday morning when some other work will happen. This is probably the closest self serve fuel to the fly in and an IFR approach if KMPJ is in the clouds with low ceilings. Current 100LL price is $3.95/gal.

Regards, JT
Old 11-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Default Thanks to all the Indians at Petit Jean

A very heartfelt thank you to all the Indians and volunteers that made the fly in a memorable experience. The organization, the hospitality and the camaraderie was second to none. The food was excellent especially the BBQ and the awesome blueberry pancakes - well I had to get an extra in my flight bag for the way home.

Well done gents - See y'all next year.
Maule M5-235C SOLD
C-172G SOLD
Stinson L5 SOLD
Grumman AA1A SOLD