What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-10 owners near SE Kansas

clutch22

Well Known Member
Hey guys, I'm considering starting an RV-10 project and I'm pretty sure it's the model for me. But before I invest in one, I was curious if there was anyone in the area that could take me up for a demo (I live in Independence, KS). I could also fly wherever to meet up within a reasonable distance.

Thanks

Maybe

I am probably going to be coming through KS within the week or two after OSH and already have arrangements to meet a couple builders/aspiring builders. PM me your info and I'll see if I can work you in. My schedule is flexible as we are expecting the first grandchild next week and my trip south will depend on that.

Flying 10 near Wichita

Andrew,

I have an RV10 hangered at KEGT, looks like it's only 78 NM from you.

I have 177 hours on my 10 now, (AWC 10-10) but I've fighting heating issues, both oil and CHT's, however I don't see why we couldn't go flying some evening. I didn't install the right stick so my wife can hold a small dog, but I could install the stick if a flight is in the cards.

Send me a PM.

Kenny Gene

Well, it sure looks like I have some options!
Greg, I might consider coordinating something sometime. I've done some of my training at RVS and will be going back down there in a few weeks (probably sometime in August) for my Multi Commercial.

I've been considering doing an RV-10 project and came across this. Like Andrew, I would be interested in a demo before seriously looking at starting something like this. Kenny, I noticed you were real close. I'm in Great Bend (KGBD) with 365 hrs. I currently have a C182 and I'm working on my IFR.

I've been considering doing an RV-10 project and came across this. Like Andrew, I would be interested in a demo before seriously looking at starting something like this. Kenny, I noticed you were real close. I'm in Great Bend (KGBD) with 365 hrs. I currently have a C182 and I'm working on my IFR.

Hi Clay,
Are you a member of the local EAA chapter? Do you know Brad Brensing? He's in the early stages of building a -10 in Stafford. He may be able to show you some of his construction progress.
As far as a ride goes, I'm also originally from Stafford and go back every now & then to visit family. I'll try to keep you in mind in case I'm out there sometime and have some free time.

By the way... I never did get a demo ride back in 2012. I too was flying a 182 before this. I just kept building, assuming I would like the plane. I wasn't wrong! :D

Hi Andrew,

Thanks! I do know Brad somewhat and I am a member. I don't ever make any of the meetings due to my schedule so I've never brought up the subject there. It's a project I probably won't be starting anytime soon since I'm getting married. I've been watching someone work on a -10 on Youtube and it has really peaked my interest. I looked at one that was parked in Norman at the fly-in but didn't see the owner to visit with them. I will check with Brad.

Feel free to message me if you're in the area.

Thanks,
Clay

Last edited:
Back