What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Dimensions RV-4 for Transporting

RogerG

Recently purchased partial completed RV-4 kit. Trying to determine size of enclosed trailer to haul aircraft. I cannot easily get dimensions due to where it is located. I need dimensions from firewall to rudder, width of horizontal stabilizer, height of vertical stabilizer. Wings are not attached, no engine, prop, and or landing gear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Recently purchased partial completed RV-4 kit. Trying to determine size of enclosed trailer to haul aircraft. I cannot easily get dimensions due to where it is located. I need dimensions from firewall to rudder, width of horizontal stabilizer, height of vertical stabilizer. Wings are not attached, no engine, prop, and or landing gear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do a search. I put that info on VAF previously. I can't remember right now if it was a 16 ft or 18 ft uhaul. but it will fit. Tail end was in the "mother's den" (space above the cab). Stabs will need to come off.

Go with a 24ft truck, you'll need the space and cost is not much more that an 18ft one.

Also the U-Haul trucks have a lower deck height and that is very helpful.

Good Luck,
Glenn Wilkinson

I was hoping to use a 16' x 8' enclosed trailer I already own behind F-250, and sling the wings on the side walls. Kit is fuselage (Canoe) with complete tail mounted. Sounds like I may have to remove tail, or at least rudder & elevator. I have to make round trip TX-CA.

Do a search. I put that info on VAF previously. I can't remember right now if it was a 16 ft or 18 ft uhaul. but it will fit. Tail end was in the "mother's den" (space above the cab). Stabs will need to come off.
PM sent to you AX-O

Back