What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tosten Stick Grips

RFazio

Well Known Member
Just thought I would pass this along. I have a set of the Tosten Stick Grips in my plane and love them. I'm helping my friend wire his plane and I talked him into getting the grips also. We had everything working, the radio, autopilot, and flaps wired into the sticks. My friend was playing with a wire and accidentally shorted a hot lead to the common on the sticks and fried the hat switches in both sticks. It took us a while to figure out what happened but we finally did. After confirming the sticks were toast, I called Tosten to ask if I could get the parts I needed to fix them. He told me to send them back and he would fix them no charge, just pay shipping! I was so surprised. They are on the way back and my friend is happy. If you need stick grips with all the goodies on them, Tosten is a real nice grip.

great looking product

A Tosten engineer worked the booth next to me at Copper State. So, I had ample opportunity to examine the hardware and ask questions.
I am impressed to say the least. A competitor across the way allowed me to feel the switch quality first hand. No comparison.
Great products... and he said this week the web site would feature a new style... where you essentially build your own. Switches and add on components can be customized just the way you like them.
I have not been to the web.... but you might want to check at end of week.
The new soft touch coating is nice in the hand as well....
Nick

Not only is Kevin a good guy to do business with, he is an RV flier too:D

Very happy with his grips in our plane.

Just ordered mine.

I spoke with Kevin last week myself to place an order. Can't wait until they arrive. Seems a supper guy to deal with so far...... for sure.

I love the Tosten's I put in my -10. They were VERY easy to dis-assemble and re-assemble for wiring modifications that I made.

Tosten

I received my Torsten grips a few weeks ago. The pilot grip is the new style with the soft touch. Awesome!!! Very easy to install too. Kevin is super to work with also just be prepared to talk airplanes.

I love mine as well. I wanted the capability of the military-style grips (hat switch, PTT, additional buttons for future expansion) but didn't like the military look of the Infinity grip... It's a great grip too, i've flown RV's with them, but it always looks out-of-place to me in RV's that aren't painted up in military schemes.

The Tostens have a nice, modern, understated look to them. Lots of capability without being flashy.

Edited to add: Both grips in mine are CS-8's.

Last edited:
Tosten Grips

Has any one mounted Tosten Aircraft Grips in their RV 14 Yet? We got ours in today and looking at the bend in the stick and using the Tosten bushing, it looks like I can only remove about 3.5" from the stick where removing 4.5" would be best and keep the grip height relatively the same. Using 3.5" would make the actual stick grip where your hand sits about 1"higher. The grip end would still fall below and 2" aft the panel itself, so I'm not worried about the interference aspect.

Any experience here is appreciated. Thx Carl

Back