VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-27-2018, 06:18 PM

Am I reading the Hartzell install torque table correctly? I think for the four AN4H-4A bolts to the S-603 front spinner bulkhead the torque should be 20-22 ft-lbs but it isn’t explicitly called out like it is for the hub clamping bolts to the spinner plate assembly.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDA_BTR View Post
Am I reading the Hartzell install torque table correctly? I think for the four AN4H-4A bolts to the S-603 front spinner bulkhead the torque should be 20-22 ft-lbs but it isnít explicitly called out like it is for the hub clamping bolts to the spinner plate assembly.
I believe the 20-22 ft-lbs is the value for the AN5 bolts that hold the spinner back plate. I would imagine the AN4 bolts for the front plate would take the standard torque value but please let us know if I am incorrect on this.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafa View Post
I believe the 20-22 ft-lbs is the value for the AN5 bolts that hold the spinner back plate. I would imagine the AN4 bolts for the front plate would take the standard torque value but please let us know if I am incorrect on this.
I installed my prop today and that is how I read it. For the AN5 bolts I also found some variability in the amount of torque to tighten each which I added to the 20 ft/lbs.
RV14A #140083
Wings, empennage, fuselage and finish slow builds completed. Avionics and engine installed.
Down to last 90%.
2017 Donation