VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Default Need To Hire RV-7 Canopy Craftsmen

I bought an absolutely beautiful RV7 in August, I've been flying it a ton, and recently have a crack or two in the canopy that have been stop drilled, but I am not confident that it will hold long term. In the event I need to replace the canopy, I need to locate a highly skilled builder to make a new canopy. I am not a builder, but know there has to be some great ones available for hire that can handle this this project. My plane is in Chesapeake VA but I can fly it anywhere reasonable to have the work done.
Any recommendations are appreciated. Happy New Year to all out there on VAF!
Old 01-09-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2fly View Post
I bought an absolutely beautiful RV7 in August, I've been flying it a ton, and recently have a crack or two in the canopy that have been stop drilled, but I am not confident that it will hold long term. In the event I need to replace the canopy, I need to locate a highly skilled builder to make a new canopy. I am not a builder, but know there has to be some great ones available for hire that can handle this this project. My plane is in Chesapeake VA but I can fly it anywhere reasonable to have the work done.
Matt,
If you have not done so already, find (and join) your local EAA club. They are bound to have a few people who can help you out.

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-chapte...an-eaa-chapter

Best of luck,
VAF #136
N424LZ Reserved
Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Default Tip up or slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2fly View Post
It might help volunteers to know if it is a tip up or slider. Also, you might locate the builders center nearest you. Florida is nice this time of year. Even if you "do" it yourself a builders center will have lots of experience in this area. With cracks, the geometric quality of the original job may require some work after the plexi is off.

Posting pictures may help the process.

RV-7
Op Lims in hand 12-7-17
1st Flight 1-27-18
2017 Dues Paid
Old 01-09-2017, 09:07 AM

Default Check your PMs

I may be able to help.

Dennis
RV-10 built, flown and sold
RV-12 built and currently flying
EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor