What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Advice

mdmba

So I've decided on a 3-10 panel, but i need some advice...(IFR plane)
In front of pilot, 10 inch screen, in front of co-pilot 10 inch screen...now here is my question. All other components being similar; which would the hive recommend: a 7 inch screen+GTN 750 or 10 inch screen+GTN 650. Not enough room for 10/750 in the middle. I was told by Garmin that the 7 and 10 are have exactly the same features, only that the 7 is smaller. Thoughts??

10" and 650, hands down! I don't know that you get the full split screen modes on the 7" G3X touch, but I'm not certain.

Regardless, you'll be money ahead with a 10" and 650, and the only advantage of the 750 is that you get a slightly better keyboard on it for data entry. All the other 750 added features (like remote audio panel) can now be done thru the G3X Touch.

You'll be interacting with the G3X MFD more than the GTN, even in IFR flight.

(The audio panel shown is going to be upgraded with the new Garmin GMA245, and the AP Panel upgraded to the GMC307 once the plane get's back from the paint shop)

Last edited:
sorry for thread drift

(but not sorry enough not to do it :p)

Ed, are those Control Approach pedals? Who did your interior?

I like the results. Nice panel, too!

Too lazy to search the archives, I guess.

-Stormy

Imagine the theme from Tool Time playing.........

Why settle on a 10" screen, why not put a 12" in?

Here's Rob Hickman's panel. It's the same 310 Aerosport Products panel with AFS screens instead of Garmin.

AF-5700-055-hood-rgb_700.png

hickmans

saw this panel/plane in person...a true beauty....im just wondering best bang for buck...10+650 or 7+750? I'm all ears for any advice...

PS Ed you have an amazing plane too..cant wait to see the paint job :)

I would make the center screen my IPAD. Guardian just came out with a built in iPad mount. There is also an option for a lighting plug. Its designed for easy in/out. If your running with a 3GX's and a 650, my humble opinion since you have the space, put the IPad in the center. All you planning, etc., will be via the IPad, in and out of the plane. If ATC give you a reroute from ****, grab the IPad, touch and drag you route, save and download and its all done. ADSB weather etc is on it too.

Back