What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage station for firewall

rmarshall234

Well Known Member
Anybody want to help save me some work by telling me the Fuselage Station of the firewall on an RV8? I'm not the builder, but an A&P doing a Raven "half system" installation and need to make the W&B form changes. Would appreciate the assist.

Anybody want to help save me some work by telling me the Fuselage Station of the firewall on an RV8? I'm not the builder, but an A&P doing a Raven "half system" installation and need to make the W&B form changes. Would appreciate the assist.

RV8/8A zero datum is 70" ahead of the wing leading edge. Firewall datum is not shown in the W&B calculation.

Plans are available from Vans, if you are not the builder you should order a set of plans. They come on a thumb drive. This includes the build instructions, W&B, G limits and construction drawings.

Thank you, Terry. The Datum location is really all I need, I can take the measurement now. I didn't realize they would sell plans to non-builders, that is good information as well.

Blue skies!

Back