What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stall warning, AOA

SteveL

Good evening all!
I have Van's stall warning kit in the left wing of my RV7A. I'm installing the GAP 26 heated pitot. Do I need to make the AOA connection to the GSU 25 with the shorter tube coming out of the GAP 26? Seems like a little overkill with a stall warning and AOA. I'm installing 2 GDU 460 display units. Any thoughts on the this?
Thanks,
SteveL

Good evening all!
I have Van's stall warning kit in the left wing of my RV7A. I'm installing the GAP 26 heated pitot. Do I need to make the AOA connection to the GSU 25 with the shorter tube coming out of the GAP 26? Seems like a little overkill with a stall warning and AOA. I'm installing 2 GDU 460 display units. Any thoughts on the this?
Thanks,
SteveL

I followed the installation manual guidance for the connections between the GAP 26 and GSU 25. I like the AOA indicator popping up when it is needed. Vans buzzer won't do that. Not bad to have a backup anyway.

One thing - read the manual carefully, it may be hard to get a pitot/static test pass. Follow the instructions, I had to disconnect the tubes from the GAP26 to pass the test.

I have a taildragger and the AOA beeps on takeoff before lift off. Kinda a good indicator. Bothers passengers though. :D

Back