What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT EIS 4000

DMFenster

Well Known Member
I am working on the EIS4000 wiring harness. Figure 5a "Connector A Wiring" of GRT's manual has a Yellow/blue (stripe) wire with no definition. Anyone have any idea what it's for? I am "de-pinning" the connector of the wires I won't need and need to know if I should leave the yellow/blue wire in (and what it's for).

I have to say - This is the crappiest (is that a word) installation manual I have ever come across. There is not a schematic for the connector. Just an incomplete cartoon.

Jeez!

Thanks All,

Dave
RV-8 wiring; Finish to be delivered next month

Dave I feel your pain. I am replacing a AFS 2500 with the GRT 4000
Very poor documentation compared to the AFS. I have four more wires to connect...I think!

The "connector A" pdf from GRT clearly calls out the yellow and blue wire as a fuel return flow meter input. If you do not have a fuel flow meter on a return lie to the tank, the wire is not used.

It looks like this was lost when incorporated into the rev K manual.

In defense of GRT, I found the EIS documentation to be straightforward.

Last edited:
The "connector A" pdf from GRT clearly calls out the yellow and blue wire as a fuel return flow meter input. If you do not have a fuel flow meter on a return lie to the tank, the wire is not used.

It looks like this was lost when incorporated into the rev K manual.

In defense of GRT, I found the EIS documentation to be straightforward.

And it works very well inflight.

EIS 4000 is the best bang there is for the buck if you want to know what is going on with the engine. The passive warning feature is a real pilot aid for those who like to scan for enemy traffic and not have to monitor engine gages while doing so.

Back