Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Default NW Ark , SW Mo Poker run for Kids

You're invited!

Please take a moment to look at the web address below and learn more about a fun activity benefiting a great cause. It's a charity poker run, "Take Off for Kids", that takes place October 20th, 2012.

Take Off for Kids, it's a charity event to help kids and a way for people to see aviation give back to the community. Basically pilots compete in several ways, a "poker run" across 5 airports (begins at Rogers to Monett to Harrison to Russellville to Springdale), pilots get a card at each location for best poker hand, have a closest landing contest at Harrison and also compete by best predicting their time from take-off at ROG to landing at ASG, 3 ways to win! We have breakfast at Rogers, have BBQ lunch at ASG (meals are included in registration fee). Prizes are things like an I-pad, headsets, flight bags, Icom radios! All proceeds go to the children's charity, this year it will be the Ozark Natural Science Center's 5th grade overnight program, 100% of the entry fee goes to the charity and each entrant will get a tax deduction from the charity.

To register online, GO TO:

WWW.TAKE-OFF-FOR-KIDS.COM
-Saving to Buy flyng 6,7,or 9 A models
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM

I'm based in Harrison so it's a no-brainer for me. I'm in if the weather cooperates.

Two weekends in a row with fun things to do. LOE the 12th and this the 20th.