What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bolting The Elevator Bellcrank

LuisR

Well Known Member
Page 10-23 step 3:

Says to assemble the bell crank to the bellcrank angles using AN4-11A bolts. The AN4 bolt does not fit in the angle. I can screw the bolt into the depicted hole (tight) but the unthreaded part of the bolt shank is too big to fit. I went back to page 10-9 step 5 to see if I missed something. NOPE..Not that I can see.

Obviously the hole needs to be a hair bigger. Did I miss a step or is this a missing step?

Looking for advise. Thanks

No powder coat on these angles....Just AKZO over bare aluminum. Seem more than the thickness than the primer.

You'd be surprised. Try re-drilling the hole to clean out any trace of primer and try the bolt again.

The plans never called out for the bellcrank bolt hole for the angles to be drilled.:confused: Did I totally miss a step or is drilling for AN4 bolt implied now in the plans?

My step 5 on page 10-9 only mentions final drilling the 3/16" holes in F-1037A. No mention about final drilling the AN4 holes.

Step 5: Final-Drill the four 3/16" holes in both F-1037A Bellcrank Rib Angles and the two indicated 3/16" holes in the F-1037B & C Bellcrank Rib Angles using a # 12 drill

Is there a revision for this page. I have revision 0.

Edit.....Nope...No revisions for the this page.

Last edited:
My step 5 on page 10-9 only mentions final drilling the 3/16" holes in F-1037A. No mention about final drilling the AN4 holes.

Is there a revision for this page. I have revision 0.

Edit.....Nope...No revisions for the this page.

Opps-- my mistake. Wasn't reading close enough. I don't think you missed a step. The hole is just a tad undersized--it happens. Plus fasteners have a plus or minus tolerance in size as well. Just run a 1/4 bit through it and press.

Todd, thank you for the help. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't grasping something. 1/4" drill it is. Thanks you sir!

Back