What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing bolt washers

skyking902001

Well Known Member
I am about to do the final wing install and I see on several logs where -8 builders are having to use 3 washers under the nuts to get them tightened up. My question--it is acceptable to put one washer under the bolt head and two under the nut? Just trying to think ahead in case I need to torque any of the bolts on the bolt head side. Thanks in advance!

I am about to do the final wing install and I see on several logs where -8 builders are having to use 3 washers under the nuts to get them tightened up. My question--it is acceptable to put one washer under the bolt head and two under the nut? Just trying to think ahead in case I need to torque any of the bolts on the bolt head side. Thanks in advance!

Three washers? is the bolt too long? usually the washer goes under the part that turns to Tq the fastener. on the 7A some go under the bolt head because that is the only part you can turn due to the landing gear weldment.

Thanks, found answer on a couple of build logs. Seems that several of the -8's require 3 washers. Not sure if mine needs 3 or not, but will find out soon. I will use one under bolt head and whatever is required on nut side.

Back