What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mini iPad mount and position

chris, my thought is find the location that works best for you and your cockpit and then get a mount to finish it off. good luck.

Thanks Ed. I can?t get access to my 3 at the moment so I was hoping someone had done this before. There isn?t a great deal of space so a knee board may have to be the solution.

Im in the process of rebuilding a Rv3 to Rv3a, Im mounting ipad under the Dynon D-180 with a ram mount, also integrating a Dc connection for charging.

2uzxlq8.jpg

Mine is on a Ram ball mount to the right of the comm in the picture posted above. Not an iPad, but a ifly about the same size. Works well in that position for me in my-3.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have a lot of real estate left:

2unx5dl.jpg

The EFIS is a mockup by the way, it hides the magnetic compass which I will move to the left.

I remember reading about someone who made a slide-out drawer under the panel for his tablet.

No photos, sorry.

Dave

Mine is on a Ram ball mount to the right of the comm in the picture posted above. Not an iPad, but a ifly about the same size. Works well in that position for me in my-3.

Second for Ram ball mount. Mine is in a biplane but the panel is about the same size. Ball can be off to the side and using a long mount will place the I Pad where you want. I mounted my ball with a couple of #10 Rivnuts.

Id mount it in front of a vent to cool it off. When the Ipads (all of them) heat up they can tend to be hard to see, even with the brightness turned up completely.

Back